It was my birthday on Monday, so I decided to dedicate a spread to the day (well, the weekend but most photos were from one day). I really liked the photo I took of a piece of my cake with Sophie and Sadie in the background so I made that a full 6x8 (using my super simple tutorial). Somehow I managed to mess up the alignment a bit so when it printed it was a bit wonky but I'm embracing the imperfection and saving myself the ink and just going with it anyways.
Because I wanted to include more pictures than usual (but not enough to use a 2x2 page protector) I decided to make one of my own. So using a full 6x8 October Afternoon page, some gold (duh) thread and a needle.. I went to town and created my own. Yup, hand stitched the whole thing, while watching Roswell on Netflix.
Basically all I did was take a ruler, measure out the pockets - they were roughly 3.2x2.8 - then used a water based marker to dot the lines. I took a piece of scrap cardboard and put it inside the pocket and used a sharp blade to slice plastic to make the top of the pocket open up. Next I took a pillow and a needle and punctured holes all along the lines and hand stitched the pockets closed. It took longer than if you'd have a sewing machine and some of the lines turned out a bit wonky.. but it worked and I'm super happy with out it looks! I think I'll try it again using different sized pockets!